Saturday, August 23, 2008

Burning Virgin Man 2008

The last few days have been a whirl wind of activity. All bags are packed. The bikes are stored and all our water/food stuff has been measured and sorted for our trip into the desert. Dog-child, Music, has a puppy sitter for the days that I won't be able to see after and care for her!

My emotions are a mixture of over-whelming excitement, anticipation and anxiousness.

This will be my first Burning Man and I am a virgin to the seven day official event. For me it will be a little longer than seven days as we (Geoffrey, Larry and I) are leaving two days before the actual start.

Although this is my first time going I am filled with an almost deja' vu like feeling.

Maybe because this is where I am supposed to be in my life. These are the moments I am supposed to be living. This is the time I am supposed to be living.

I'm looking forward to the trip as I've not been away in a very long time. Being a building manager has not allowed for much time away from my former property.

Now that I don't work for BPM anymore I've found a lot more free time on my hand.

So, I've decided to spend the next two months while I prep for school trying to travel as much as possible.

This will be but the first of many travels outside of SF.

Stay tuned!!